Friday, November 5, 2010

On the road again...

Well, it’s the eve of my last day in Idaho fishing the Clearwater. I have been on the road for 36 days, Fishing for approx 23 of the last 25 days. Haven’t showered in 13 days…New Record! I think that will end tomorrow night? And alone for 6 since Chad had to return to Montana. At least I have my puppy, although he crawled into the tent literally 30 seconds after I staked it down tonight. Best buds forever. I must admit I am getting a little lonely and road wary at this point, although I am in good spirits. A little Sweet Japonic on the ipod is reminding me of home as type and cook ramen. Cheese and crackers is adding a high end touch to my dinner. Where is the wine? Anyway, I think the timing is about right to settle down on the coast, rest a couple days and get to business before I run out of money.
Yes it is most definitely time to leave the Clearwater. Someone stole my tent stakes and pate’s water bowl yesterday. Most likely to let me know I had overstayed my welcome at the not so campground campsite I was living at. While I was a little ticked about it, at least they were thoughtful enough to leave the tent. As well as the sleeping bag, pad, and pate’s bed that were in the tent. Or maybe they all were way too repulsive for anyone to want? Did I mention my awesome shower streak? That is kind of a little challenge I have been having with myself to see how long I can make it. Unavailability of any shower makes it a little easier. The campground I am at tonight is formally free, two weeks ago it was packed, tonight I am by my lonesome.
My time here hasn’t been without some difficulty. The previous week a rock rolled out from under right foot causing me to fall backwards down a steep slope. Sliding down rocks, ripping a 5” gash in my new waders, and banging me up a bit. When I finally got back to my feet, the combination of the wader rip, knee pain and lack of fish catching brought me into a bit of a temper frenzy that lasted a while. I calmed down upon thinking of the luck that I did not re-tear my ACL. I am 6 months on the rehab from surgery. My doctor would rip me a new one if he knew I was wading like I have been for months. The Clearwater being especially treacherous. But the knee has held up and feels strong despite some pain, good job doc.
I also cant say I have done outstandingly well fishing wise here on the Clearwater. But the fish I have caught have been very memorable. Three days ago I caught one of my largest steelhead to date. A wild female of 16+ lbs, full of piss and vinegar. And as beautiful as they come (See picture below).

I realize my writing may be a bit scatterbrained, all over the place, and lacking punctuation but I guess my style so far is the way my brain operates (all over the place). I also have no desire to edit/proofread anything, but I do apologize for the lack of organization…thanks for reading anyway J

Last day of fishing tomorrow, headed to the coast on Saturday…

So this walking man walks (James Taylor) or drives but you get the point. I should have better phone service for a few days if anyone wants to catch up....

No comments:

Post a Comment