Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Road Trip Playlist

My friend BJ's dad passed away over the weekend. He and his family are in my thoughts and prayers. Really makes you think about how short life is and what's important. Say a prayer for them tonight.

My trip odometer since I left Michigan now reads over 9,000 miles in just over two months.
I tend to get on kicks where I listen to the same group of song over and over again for long periods of time. Sooo over the past couple months I have developed the super ultimate cliché road trip play list as follows in no particular order:
Peaceful Easy Feeling -Eagles
Thousand Miles from Nowhere -Dwight Yoakam
Free -Zac Brown Band
Stop that Train -Bob Marley
Keep on Movin “ “
Road and the Radio -Kenny Chesney
Time to Fly -REO Speedwagon
Here I Go Again -Whitesnake
Write it in a Song -Lynard Skynard
Can’t Always Get What You Want -Rolling Stones
Roll if ya fall -Barefoot Truth
Send me on my way -Rusted Root
Country Roads -John Denver
Walking Man -James Taylor
Far Side of the World -Jimmy Buffett
Amarillo by Morning -George Strait
On the Road Again -Willie Nelson
Mamas don’t let your babies grow up to be Cowboys -Willie Nelson
Highwaymen -Highwaymen
Lover Lover -Jerrod Niemann
Good Riddance -Green Day
Blowin in the Wind -Bob Dylan
Over and Over -Pat Green
Threadbare Gypsy Soul -Pat Green
Take it Easy -Eagles, also Travis Tritt cover
Much too young -Garth Brooks
Willin’ -Little Feat
The Ride -David Allan Coe
Runaway -Love and Theft
Where My Devils Go -Sweet Japonic
Take it to the Freeway -Sweet Japonic
Something More -Sugarland
Settlin’ -Sugarland
Heard it in a love song -Marshall Tucker Band
Ride a Tear -Dispatch
Against the Wind -Bob Seiger
There are a lot of other songs that made my super list of road songs although they didn’t make the lyrical cut of talking about life on the road so they have been excluded. And my number one favorite song of the past couple months I feel the need to name as well: Jolene -Ray LaMontagne

No comments:

Post a Comment